It's no secret that snow has fallen across much of the country. Here's a peak of what I see outside my window.
While watching the falling snow and wondering how long I would be snowed in I was thinking about the hot chocolate my father would always make us when we came in from playing in the snow.
Right now, at this moment, while we are waiting for the snow plows we need something to make us feel better.
Since the snow is not melting anytime soon we'll need a hot chocolate for now, for later, for tomorrow and, yes let's make it an extra special hot chocolate for Valentine's Day too.
A simple packet of pre-measured cocoa powder is all you need to make hot cocoa for the kids. Of course you can make your own very special hot chocolate recipe. Add whipped cream and marshmallows on stick for stirring and they'll be happy.
If you are not a milk chocolate fan here is a version of a white chocolate peppermint drink I saw in a magazine. I loved it. The peppermint aroma and flavors were very comforting.
White Chocolate Peppermint Drink
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1-2 oz. white chocolate chips chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
- marshmallows (optional)
- peppermint candy, crushed
- Heat milk in small saucepan with the peppermint tea bag and bring to a simmer. Cover and steep for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and whisk in the white chocolate chips stirring until melted.
- Pour into a mug and top with the crushed peppermint candy, marshmallows and/or whipped cream.
I've shared this with: