This sandwich wrap is a nice balance for the spicy ribs, wings, and chili that are usually served. You can make this sandwich early in the day and keep it in the fridge until you are ready.
I bought a lot of pears for the GYCO challenge so I had to find ways to use them. Pears and ham go well together along with the brie so I made sandwiches for our lunch.
Then I had an AH!Ha! moment. Make wraps for the super bowl party. They can be sliced too be served as individual bites for those who don't want to overindulge -- well you never know, someone may be watching their diet :). You can make the entire package of wraps and leave some full size and the others you can slice up for small bites. This will make a nice platter for the buffet table.
Ham, Cheese & Pear Wrap
- 1 package whole wheat wraps (or your favorite variety)
- 1 lb. deli ham sliced thin
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1 pkg. of brie cheese (or your favorite)
- 3 large pears sliced thin
- Place 2 ham slices on each wrap
- Add pear slices in 3 rows in the center of the wrap
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pears and ham
- Layer the spinach over the ham
- Tightly roll up the wrap and slice
You can eliminate the pears and just make good old fashioned ham and cheese wraps with fresh spinach for a little extra 'good eats' for the Big Game.
I've shared this with: