I like chocolate peppermint block so I thought I would make a batch.
I originally tried to make a blend of dark chocolate and white chocolate, but I didn't have much luck getting the two chocolates to stick together.
So I just made white chocolate -- which for me is better because I only need to have one small bite and my sugar craving is satisfied.
If it was dark chocolate I probably would eat enough to satisfy my sugar craving and calorie intake for the week. White Chocolate Bark is IT for this year.
Bark is easy to make. It took me less than 20 minutes from start to clean-up then it just needed to chill in the fridge for a while. Mine was thin so chill time was less than 1 hour.
This recipe is not an exact science. You can use as much or as little of any ingredients you choose.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 2 cups white chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 6-10 mini candy canes chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruits - this is optional (cherries, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts optional (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- Melt the chips over a double boiler
- Add most of the amount of the chopped ingredients to the melted chips and stir.
- Spread the melted chips evenly on parchment lined cookie sheet. Then sprinkle the remaining chopped ingredients over the top of the melted chips. Tap them lightly so they set into the melted chips but are still sitting on top (not fully covered in chips). Then set aside to chill.
- When fully chilled, break apart into chunks
Another easy to make sweet treat to enjoy!
I've shared this with: