If you are shopping for a bottle of wine to choose as a gift look for something a little unusual.
|This Unusual Label May Not Be Appropriate|
Unless you are asked, you don't have to bring the wine to go with dinner; and if you are attending a holiday party it's a possibility the wine may not be opened for the party. Knowing this, then buying wine as a hostess gift is a little less stressful.
Here are a few tips to help choose a bottle of wine that will be thoughtful and appreciated. Keep these in mind when shopping.
- wine from a country that might reflect the heritage of the person receiving the wine
- something from a small, family owned winery
- a geographic location that may be the person's favorite place
- the style of wine the person prefers (red, white, sparkling, or sweet)
- a sparkling wine for a special occasion the recipient will be celebrating