This is another dish I made using the leftover London broil. Stir fry dishes transform leftovers giving them new flavors and textures.
First I made beef with noodles stir fry and the next night I made broccoli and beef stir fry with brown rice on the side.
You can find a variety of noodles in the specialty food section of your supermarket in most cities around the country.
Wow this was really easy and fast. In 20 minutes I was done and ready to serve.
Just to clarify - you can make this recipe with both the broccoli and noodles together or use just one of them. I made two different meals one using only the broccoli and one with noodles.
Asian Style Beef with Broccoli and/or Noodles
- 3 TBLS. soy sauce
- 3 TBLS. oyster sauce
- 3 TBLS. rice wine
- 1 TBLS. corn starch
- grated ginger (optional)
- chopped scalions
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 pkg. lo mein noodles
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli florets (or use fresh broccoli)
- Sliced leftover beef
- Prepare noodles as directed on package and set aside. Cook the broccoli florets and add to a large bowl with the sliced beef.
- Blend together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, grated ginger and chopped scalions. Stir this mixture into the bowl with the broccoli and beef and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add the sesame oil and the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute then add the broccoli and beef mixture and stir until warmed then add the broth.
- Mix the corn starch with a splash of water to make a slurry and add it to the skillet and stir until sauce thickens and immediately add in the noodles. Stir to blend and then serve.