Baking cookies anytime of the year is one of my favorite activities. Christmas is my excuse to bake and taste. I think I like tasting the cookies more than anything else and sometimes I eat so many I have to make another batch :).
I found this recipe many years ago in my mom's old recipes and it caught my attention when I saw cinnamon as an ingredient. It's always a fan favorite whenever I make this delicious, crispy, chocolatey cookie with the unexpected hint of cinnamon which goes so well with the chocolate and makes this cookie awesome.
Awesome Crispy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar in the raw for coating
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees.
- In small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time to the wet ingredients and using a wooden spoon mix well after each addition.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form a ball and then roll each ball into into the raw sugar. Then place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten a little. The cookies will spread.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes - do not over bake as they continue to cook a little more after they are removed from the oven and when they cool they become very crispy.
I've shared this recipe with: