I'm one of "hot dog's" biggest fans, but it's time for a change. I'm ready for meatless pasta, I'm craving pasta, I'm eating pasta all week! ! ! ! !, well, maybe not all week, just tonight.
Gnocchi is a favorite for many reasons. It cooks fast, and they are freshly made (though not by me).
I confess that because of time constraints I don't make homemade pastas. So I buy fresh when I'm out of time and need to make something quick and delicious for dinner. It's a perfect balance . . .!
For my quick gnocchi dish I added peas. If you can get fresh peas at the farmers market or growing peas in your garden how delicious they will be in this dish. If not, frozen peas will be perfect.
This is really very easy and it's a good dish for vegetarians.
Gnocchi With Peas
- 12 oz. gnocchi cooked according to directions
- 1 cup peas cooked
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 2 TBLS. butter (I use smart balance)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh mint OR chopped fresh basil
- grated pecorino romano cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions (usually 2-5 minutes) and drain (save a little of the pasta water).
- Cook the peas and add to the hot gnocchi.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saute pan. When butter is melted add the gnocchi and peas and saute a minute or two. Add the herbs and salt and pepper, and if too dry add the saved pasta water.
- Serve and top with grated cheese.
I've shared this recipe:
Turning the Table Thursday
Hearth and Soul