I've been in a cookie baking frenzy lately. It could be the upcoming family gatherings that are planned, and yes I admit, it's my sugar craving.
I like homemade desserts and sweets. So I'm happy to be baking cookies and cakes and I usually make extra for us to snack on with our tea and coffee.
We have also been enjoying coconut lately so I decided to add it to my cookies. They were very yummy!
This is a very easy recipe I found on all recipes.com which I adapted for my cookies.
Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl cream the butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until blended and stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
If you don't like the coconut, just omit it from the recipe and make a chocolate ganache topping. They will be just as yummy -- I mean delicious! I forget I'm grammy when I eat cookies.
I've shared this with:
Full Plate Thursday
Sweet As Sugar