I just had to try it and I'm writing this post while I'm eating this delicious, velvety chocolate cake out of my big fat mug, and it only took me 6 minutes flat.
I had to make two cakes because I overcooked the first one. A big lesson learned when microwaving and you can get Claudia's recipe and helpful tips here.
The first cake I made using Claudia's recipe was perfectly delicious in taste, however I over baked it. I had to make another one but since I used up the last of my cake flour on the first try I had to use all purpose flour. I wasn't giving up because the cake was really delicious, only over-baked. I had to have it.
Here's the recipe I used for my Personal Microwaved Chocolate Cake. The recipe worked and it was just as delicious.
Personal Microwaved Chocolate Cake
- 3 1/2 TBLS. all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 TBLS. brown sugar
- 2 TBLS. cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder + another pinch
- pinch salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 TBLS. milk
- 3 TBLS. oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBLS. chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate dish and add the milk and oil and stir to blend. Then add it to the dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients well and add the vanilla. I then added the chocolate chips.
- Coat the inside of a large mug with non-stick cooking spray and pour in the batter, using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1:45 minutes.
Keep in mind all microwaves are different, mine is 1500 watts. If you use your microwave often you can probably judge timing for the cake.
Claudia, thank you so much for this terrific recipe. LUV IT!!!!!!