I had all the ingredients in my pantry and decided to make them before I started making dinner.
It was a breeze, this was definitely an easy recipe and the cleanup was done before the cookies finished baking.
You know how when you see a recipe it sounds so fantastic you can taste it, but so often we get disappointed. Well this recipe delivered the soft and chewy, and rich delicious chocolate flavor I tasted when I read this recipe.
Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (Yield 15)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites (do not whip or mix)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- 2. Mix together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt with a whisk to blend and break up any lumps. Gradually add the egg whites stirring with a spoon until mixture forms a dough.
- This takes a minute or two and can be a little messy with the powdered sugar, but keep at it. When thoroughly blended add in the chocolate chips.
- 3. Using a cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon size) drop on to parchment lined baking sheet.
- 4. Bake for 16 to 19 minutes until glossy and crackled. Cool on rack.
Give them a try if you need a fast and easy recipe for cookies this summer.