O.K. so it's not really homemade since I don't actually make the dough, let it rise and then roll it out. I buy fresh dough from my favorite Italian restaurant. But I do make my own pizza sauce which is really easy. Here is my recipe.
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves (whole or chopped)
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can of Muir Glen organic tomato sauce
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- basil or oregano(optional/to taste)
- 1 Tbls. red wine (optional)
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 1.5 quart sauce pan with cover. Add garlic and let it simmer until the flavor blends into the oil, about 3-4 minutes. Try not to let it burn or it will taste bitter.
- 2. Add in the tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes then add the red wine if you choose. Cover and simmer gently approximately 20 minutes. Add salt,
and pepper, basil, oregano as desired.